Maria Callas, Une Femme, Une Voix, Un Mythe
A scarce boxed catalogue from the Paris exhibition of 1998
First edition, deluxe boxed catalogue. Case measuring 30.5 × 22cm, see below for contents. French text.
This is a scarce boxed catalogue that accompanied a major exhibition on Maria Callas at the Salle Saint-Jean, Hôtel de Ville de Paris, which ran between March and June 1998. The contents of the box are:
1. A paperback book of essays on Maria Callas and her art, with contributions from Jean Tiberi, Pierre-Jean Remy, Bruno Tosi, Simone Benmussa, Pierre Miscevic and Gustave de Stael. 37pp, illustrated.
2. Twelve loose reproductions of photographs of Maria Callas (11 black & white, 1 colour).
3. A larger booklet "Maria Callas, 2 robes et 8 bijoux", this details two dresses and the stage jewellery of Maria Callas, illustrated.
4. A loose folder containing seven colour reproduction portraits of Maria Callas by Pier Paolo Pasolini.
5. Ten loose folders containing facsimile letters and manuscripts from Maria Callas, including letters to Pier Paolo Pasolini and Elvira de Hildago.
There is also an errata slip laid in to bottom of the box.
The box has some sunning to the sides and edges and is slightly rubbed. The contents are in very good condition and all items are present.
Our postage is charged at cost and is measured by the weight of the book. The recent USPS price hikes have meant our rates to the US have had to increase.