Six books on Maria Callas
Biography, illustrated, one includes CD
Here is a collection of books about Maria Callas, the great American-born Greek soprano who was one of the most renowned and influential opera singers of the 20th century. All are hardbacks and in dustwrapper where called for.
1. Maria Callas by Jurgen Kesting (Quartet Books, London, 1992). First printing in very good condition.
2. Callas as They Saw Her by David A Lowe (Robson Books, London, 1987). First priting in good plus condition, previous owner's name to ffep and a few small newspaper clippings taped in.
3. The Unknown Callas, The Greek Years by Nicholas Petsalis-Diomidis. (Amadeus Press, Portland, 2001). First US edition, very good condition.
4. Passion Callas by Claire Alby and Alfred Caron (Arte Editions, 1997). French text, with accompanying CD loosely inserted. No dustwrapper as issued.
5. La Callas by Andre Tubeuf (Assouline, Paris, 1998). First edition (in English). Very good condition, profusely illustrated.
6. Greek Fire, The Love Affair of Maria Callas and Aristotle Onasis by Nicholas Gage. (Sidgwick and Jackson, London, 2000). First printing in good plus condition.
All books are in strong readable condition.