The Heart of England by Waterway
A Canoeing Chronicle by River and Canal
First edition, hardback bound in the original cloth with printed titling to spine. 22.5 × 14.5cm, 192pp.
William Bliss' account of his canoeing around the waterways of England, predominantly using canals, with a fold-out map and three photographic plates. Contents:
1. Introductory, English Waterways,
2. Thames Above Oxford and Cotswold Waters,
3. River Severn, Welshpool to Shrewsbury,
4. River Severn (cont) Shrewsbury to Worcester,
5. River Severn (cont) Worcester to Gloucester and Berkeley Ship Canal,
6. Stroudwater Canal and Thames and Severn Canal,
7. Cherwell and Oxford Canal and Napton and Warwick Canal,
8. River Avon, Warwick to Tewkesbury,
9. River Teme, Leintwardine to Worcester.
A good reading copy. The joints are heavily scuffed and frayed and with some rubbing to the boards. The contents, however, are in good clean condition and the book remains in strong readable condition.