Five pamphlets from The British Way series
1943–1945, on British institutions and ideals
1943–1945. All five are paperbacks, each measuring 21 × 14cm, see below for pagination.
Here are five pamphlets from The British Way series published by Craig & Wilson of Glasgow during the mid-1940s. They examined an aspect of British institutions, governance and ideals but were not written to be nationalistic stating "an international outlook is to be recognised to be both proper and necessary". The titles are:
1. The Temper of British Ideals by John Laird. Second printing 1944. 51pp.
2. British Political Institutions by Andrew Browning. Second printing 1944. 52pp.
3. The British Way in World Trade by A L Macfie. Second printing 1944. 64pp.
4. The British Way in Local Rule by Guy Hunter. First edition 1843. 63pp.
5. British Ideals in Education by W B Inglis. First edition 1945. 48pp.
All the pamphlets have stapled bindings which have rusted and are a little weak, leaving some marking but all are still in good readable condition.