Five books on Russia and Russian history
including the Second World War, the Communist Party, Smolensk etc
This is a collection of five hardback books in dustwrapper on Russian history.
1. Edward Crankshaw, Russia and the Russians (Macmillan, London, 1947). Very good condition with light wear to the wrapper.
2. Ivan Krylov, Soviet Staff Officer (Falcon Press, 1951), translated by Edward Fitzgerald. Very good in slightly nicked wrapper. WW2, covers the years 1940 to 1945.
3. G A Tokaev, Betrayal of an Ideal (Harvill, 1954), introduction by Sir David Kelly. Disenchantment with the ruling party...
4. Merle Fainsod, Smolensk under Soviet Rule (Harvard, NY, 1958). The book is VG, the dustwrapper heavily chipped.
5. Merle Fainsod, How Russia is Ruled (Harvard, NY, 1953). A VG book in a very tatty and torn wrapper.
All books are in strong readable condition, the two Fainsod title have heavy wear to the wrappers.