Nine books on film & cinema
Jean-Luc Godard, Raoul Walsh, Fritz Lang, Allan Dwan, Roberto Rossellini, Peter Bogdanovich etc
This is a collection of nine illustrated books on film and cinema, 8 of which published by Studio Vista and one by the Edinburgh Film Festival. They are small paperback first editions, each measuring 16.5 × 15.5cm.
The books are:
1. Roberto Rossellini by Jose Luis Guarnier, translated by Elizabeth Cameron (1970). Illustrated throughout. Very good condition, light wear to the covers.
2. Franju by Raymond Durgnat (1967). Good condition, top outer corner snipped from front cover, light wear to spine.
3. Antonioni by Ian Cameron & Robin Wood (1968). Good condition, top outer corner snipped from front cover, spine creased.
4. Allan Dwan, The Last Pioneer by Peter Bogdanovich (1971). Very good with light wear to the spine.
5. The Heavies by Ian & Elizabeth Cameron (1968, second printing). A well-read copy, creased spine but intact.
6. Fritz Lang in America by Peter Bogdanovich (1967), a very good copy with light wear to the spine.
7. Claude Chabrol by Robin Wood and Michael Walker (1970). A very good copy, light creasing to the front.
8. The Films of Jean-Luc Godard by Philip French, Raymond Durnat et al (1967). A good copy, light wear to spine and covers.
9. Raoul Walsh, edited by Phil Hardy, published by the Edinburgh Film Festival in 1974. Some spotted foxing to title page but otherwise a very good copy.
All books are in strong readable condition, some have a previous owner's name to the inside cover.