Nineteen King Penguin books, 1939 to 1954
All but one are 1sts, varying condition, fine illustrations
Here are nineteen King Penguins, in varying condition, all but one are first editions. The books (in no particular order) are:
1. Heraldry in England by Anthony Wagner, 1951 (3rd ed), HB in DW. Good condition, light foxing to prelims and wear to wrapper's edges.
2. Wild Flowers of the Chalk by John Gilmour, illustrated by Irene Hawkins. 1947 (1st). HB, good plus condition, light wear to boards.
3. English Book Illustration 1800–1900 by Philip James. 1947 (1st). HB, good plus condition, light wear to boards.
4. Caricature by E H Gombrich & E Kris. 1940 (1st). HB, good condition, light wear to boards.
5. A Book of Toys by Gwen White, 1946 (1st), HB, a good copy with rubbing to the spine ends.
6. Seashore Life and Pattern by T A Stephenson, 1944 (1st). HB. Good condition with light wear to the board's edges.
7. Ackermann's Cambridge by Reginald Ross Williamson, 1951 (1st) HB in DW. Very good with a little wear to the wrapper.
8. Egyptian Paintings by Nina M Davies, 1954 (1st), HB in DW, very good, light edgewear.
9. A Book of Roses by J Ramsbottom, 1939 (1st). HB. A very good copy, some tanning to the covers and a pencil inscription.
10. John Speed's An Atlas of Tudor England and Wales by E G R Taylor, 1951 (1st). HB in DW, very good with minor wear.
11. Garden Birds by Phyllis Barclay-Smith, 1945 (1st), HB, spine coming off and worn, contents good.
12. Fashions and Fashion Plates 1800–1900 by james Laver, 1943 (1st) HB. Spine mostly missing, contents okay.
13. Popular British Art by Noel Carrington and Clarke Hutton, 1945 (1st). HB. Spine worn with loss, contents good.
14. The Poet''s Corner by Max Beerbohm, 1943 (1st). HB. Good but rather grubby covers.
15. The Microcosm of London by John Summerson, 1943 (1st). HB. Good but heavy rubbing and tanning to covers.
16. English Ballet by Janet Leeper, 1944 (1st). HB. Fair, spine missing.
17. Edward Gordon Craig by Janet Leeper. 1943 (1st) HB. Good with loss to head and tail of spine.
18. Compliments of the Season by L D Ettinger & R G Holloway, 1947 (1st). HB. Very good.
19. Children as Artists by R A Tomlinson, 1944 (1st). Rubbed to the spine and edges but good.
All books are used, and all have delightful illustrations.
If you have any special requirements, please send us an email and we'll do all we can to help.