Eleven poetry anthologies
Mostly 20th century verse, chosen by E V Knox, W H Davies etc
This is a collection of eleven poetry anthologies, including humorous and comic verse, nature poetry etc etc and make a lovely, if well-read set. All are hardback, various printings, and a few have dustwrappers. The books are
1. Humorous Verse, An Anthology Chosen by E V Knox. Chatto & Windus, London, 1932. Hardback in dustwrapper, reprint. Good condition with light wear to the wrapper.
2. The Faber Book of Comic Verse, edited by Michael Roberts. Faber, London, 1942. Second impression. Hardback in good condition, with a tatty wrapper loosely inside.
3. The Heritage of Poetry from Chaucer to the Present Day, edited by Philip Wayne. Longmans, London, 1940. First edition, hardback in dustwrapper. Good condition with wear to the dustwrapper.
4. Anthology of Modern Poetry, edited by John Wain. Hutchinson, London, 1963. First edition, good condition in an edgeworn wrapper.
5. An Anthology of Shorter Poems, compiled by W H Davies. Jonathan Cape, London, 1938. First thus (re-issue of Jewels of Song, 1930). Nice condition, some foxing to page edges.
6. The Faber Book of Twentieth Century Verse, An Anthology of Verse in Britain from 1900–1950, edited by J Heath-Stubbs and David Wright. Faber, London, 1953. First edition, good condition.
7. The Faber Book of Modern Verse, edited by Michael Roberts. Faber, London, 1936. First edition. Contents good, cloth binding heavily rubbed.
8. The Progress of Poetry, An Anthology of Verse from Hardy to the Present Day, edited by I M Parsons. Chatto & Windus, London, 1936. First edition in an attractive but edgeworn wrapper. (A superb collection inc Wilfred Owen, Edward Thomas, W B Yeats etc).
9. An Anthology of Nature Poetry, compiled by Viola Meynell. Jonathan Cape, London, 1941. First thus, hardback in tatty wrapper.
10. A Little Book of Modern Verse, selected by Anne Ridler, introduced by T S Eliot. Faber, London, 1945. Hardback in dustwrapper. Good condition, tanning to the wrapper.
11. Modern Verse in English, edited by David Cecil and Allen Tate. Eyre and Spottiswoode, London, 1958. First edition. The book is in good condition, the wrapper very tatty.
All books are in readable condition, most dustwrappers have heavy wear. Please see the above listing. A nice collection of poetry anthologies.