Six books by / about Gerard Manley Hopkins
A fair reading set but a good collection
This is a collection of six books by or about the English poet and Jesuit Priest, Gerard Manley Hopkins.
1. Poems of Gerard Manley Hopkins, preface, notes and edited by Robert Bridges and W H Gardner. Published by OUP, London, 1949. Hardback. Reprint. A good reading copy, quite heavily foxed to the prelims but the main body of text is in good order.
2. The Penguin Poets: Gerard Manley Hopkins. Selected by W H Gardner. Published by Penguin, London, 1953. First edition, paperback. Good condition, somewhat tanned. Includes writings from GMH's notebooks and diaries.
3. Some Poems of Gerard Manley Hopkins. Published by Michael White, London, 1945. Slim paperback pamphlet, 32pp. Covers faded and creased. Reading copy.
4. Gerard Manley Hopkins by The Kenyon Critics. Published by Dennis Dobson, London, 1949. First edition, hardback in dustwrapper. Contains a series of chapters by noted poets and critics on GMH, including Robert Lowell. The book is in good readable condition, the wrapper is poor with loss to the front flap and general overall wear.
5. Gerard Manley Hopkins; The Man and the Poet by K R Srinivasa Iyengar, foreword by Jerome D'Souza. Published by the Indian Branch of Cumberlege, OUP, London, 1948. Hardback. First edition. Good readable condition. Some marking to red cloth covers and pages tanned.
6. Gerard Manley Hopkins; Priest and Poet by John Pick. Published by OUP, London, 1943. Second printing. Hardback. Good readable condition but with some bumping to the boards and fading to the spine.
All books are in worn but readable condition, with tanning and some fading, but remains quite a nice collection.
Please choose from United Kingdom / Europe / Rest of the World from the drop down menu below to show the postage cost to your part of the world.