Kings and Queens of Ancient Egypt
with 18 colour plates by Winifred Brunton, a lovely copy
Undated . First edition, hardback bound in the original brown cloth with gilt titling to spine and gilt snake emblem and border to upper board. 27.5 × 20.5cm, 163pp.
A series of studies on the ancient kings and queens of Egypt by eminent egyptologists, with 18 fine tissue-guarded colour plates by Winifred Brunton. The content are:
1. Foreword by Professor J H Breasted
2. Introduction by Terence Gray
3. Khafra by Terence Gray
4. Pepy I by Winifred Brunton
5. Amenemhat III by Guy Brunton
6. Queen Tetisheri by H E Winlock
7. Queen Hatshepsut by Professor Margaret Murray
8. Thothmes III by Guy Brunton
9. Akhenaten by Professor T E Peet
10. Queen Ty by Professor T E Peet
11. Queen Nefertete by Professor T E Peet
12. Queen Mutnezemt by Professor T E Peet
13. Sety I by Professor Margaret Murray
14. Rameses II by Professor Margaret Murray
15. Rameses III by Professor Margaret Murray
16. Physiognomy as Historical Material by Winifred Brunton
This copy is in lovely condition. There is very minor rubbing to the boards' edges and the a small scuff to the pages' top edge. The inner binding is secure, the pages are clean, all plates are present and the brown cloth in very good order.
Please select your region (UK, Europe, or Rest of the World) from the drop down menu below to determine your shipping. Thank you.