The Theatre Guild. The First Ten Years, with Articles by the Directors (Signed copy)
Signed by the author and all six directors
First edition, limited to 350 copies, printed on Utopian deckle-edge paper, each signed by the authors. Hardback, original cloth boards with printed titling to spine. 26.5 × 18cm. 299pp.
A series of writings celebrating the first ten years of The Theatre Guild of New York.
The articles are:
1.The History of the Theatre Guild by Walter Pritchard Eaton.
2. Behind the Scenes with the Executive Director by Theresa Helburn.
3. The Guild and Production by Philip Moeller.
4. An Art Theatre without Endowment by Maurice Wertheim.
5. The Actor's Relation to the Art Theatre and Vice Versa by Helen Westley.
6. Setting the Stage by Lee Simonson.
7. The Little Theatre by Lawrence Langner.
8. Casts of the Theatre Guild Subscription Productions.
This copy is signed on the limitation page by all authors.
The book is in good condition but the titling is worn off to the spine. The pages are clean and the inner binding is secure. Bookplate to front pastedown. This copy does come in the original slipcase but this is heavily damaged with significant loss.
Please select your region (UK, Europe, or Rest of the World) from the drop down menu below to determine your shipping. Thank you.